Monday, July 18, 2011

Metal bag

Found this metal vintage bag at Beyond Retro in Stockholm. The girls in the shop said they thought the mods had been carrying bags like this in the 60s. To me it doesn't look like a mods bag at all. But I'm no expert in that certain culture, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut about it. I haven't found anything about it on the net either, and there's no engraving on it to give me a hint of where it comes from. But if anyone has seen anything like this before please tell me!

It's made of metal, with a dark blue velvet lining, has a rope with tassels as a handle, and can probably be used as a pretty effective weapon for a girl walking home alone in the middle of the dark night. I just know that if someone attacked me at a time like that, he would probably wake up the next day with a serious headache!



2 comments:

  1. I would guess 1920's or -30's, but I'm no expert. Might be earlier too. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vad fint! Och även om jag misstycker att du bedragit mig och handlat på Beyond Retro kanske jag kan hjälpa. Det är en minaudière, populär redan under det sena 1800-talet, men mest under 1920- och 1930-talen. Den här modellen var väl senast populär på 1970-talet, då glamrock-kidsen köpte antika aftonväskor. Men om jag var tvungen att gissa från bilderna skulle jag säga 1920-tal. Som vanligt känns det osäkert att säga definitivt utan att pilla på. Men här är en lite plottrigare version som är helt otroligt vacker:

    http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/9004028

    Jag är nyfiken på vad du betalade för den och tror att du kan ha gjort ett riktigt kap. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash