Friday, November 16, 2012

Fabergé Friday

The next Fabergé egg in line comes without much information. It wears the essay-mark of St. Petersburg before 1896, and was probably created in 1894. Not even its name is knows...


It's a beautiful egg though, covered in white, opalescent enamel. It is also decorated with laurel swags and bows of gold in different colors.


On top of the egg sits a diamond-encrusted star, which holds a large, cabochon shaped gem in the middle.


The surprise is a gold vase, holding a bouquet of enamel flowers, with what looks like rubies in the middle.


There also exists a picture of the box in which it was delivered, but where this egg is today is still a mystery...

PS. I dedicate this egg to the lovely Matthew over on Matthew's Blog, who listed me as one of his three favorite bloggers yesterday! He's a lovely boy who's very honest blog deserves to be read!



4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. I love the design...I will have this one as well for my collection ;) The inside is just darling as well. Splendid! And yes, Matthew is a sweet boy, it was very nice to be on the list for his favourite bloggers...and I'm happy I was on the list with such gorgeous company as you :)) He deserves to have his blog read for the honesty and realness of it! Hope you have a wonderful Friday darling girl!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the dedication Miss Meadows, it's a perfect egg as well which makes it even better, I really wonder who has the egg nowadays, I guess somebody stole it or something and has it proudly sitting in their room or palace or whatever, great post as always Miss Meadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through Yeamie's blog, and I must admit I simply love your photo's!
    Fabergé eggs have always fascinated me since I was a little girl and I loved looking at them...I even have one, although it is just enamelled and not so decorated as this one, but it has it's brass stand.
    Looking back over your photo's, I just love them all! I'm busy trying to find out more about Eva Southern, a "Silent Movie" star who died from a broken neck in a car crash.

    Following you now...thanks to Yeamie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also found you via Matt. Aren't these eggs supposed to cost millions? How much would this one get?

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash