Friday, July 04, 2014

Fabergé Friday

Who could ever live without being in the possession of a glue pot?! Well, probably anyone... But if the glue pot was made by Fabergé - like this one - you might want it anyway. It was made by workmaster Feodor Afanassiev, sometime between the years 1896 and 1908!




The pear-shaped pot is covered in pale green enamel over a guilloché ground, and has a circular gold foot chased with a foliate border. The two-colored beaded neck is fitted with a brush that has a fluted gold handle, with a cabochon ruby set in a gold petalled cup at the top. It's dimensions are 2'' x 1.3'' x 1.3'' (5 x 3.4 x 3.4 cm), and it can be found in the Royal Collection.










1 comment:

  1. Well, isn't this the fanciest glue pot I ever did see!?! I didn't think I needed a glue pot, but now I am convinced that I do, haha!! So pretty, love the rippled design and colours too..greens melting into yellows and golds, so amazing!! Would look wonderful in my house...not the royal collection, haha!! Happy Friday peach <33

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash