Monday, March 23, 2015

Fashion Inspiration - Gilbert Adrian

During the 30s and 40s Gilbert Adrian (1903-1959) was the biggest costume designer in the US world of movies. During his career he designed costumes for over 250 films, and worked with many beautiful Hollywood stars, such as Greta Garbo, Jean Harlow, Katharine Hepburn and Joan Crawford. He was most famous for the evening gowns he created for the actresses, and below you see a small assortment of his many timeless designs.











Joan Crawford






Joan Crawford



From The Great Ziegfeld.



Joan Crawford











1 comment:

  1. Oh these are fancy....beautiful!! I love them all, but please someone give me the one from the Zeigfeld, yesssssssss!! That is my favourite, I love stars...perfect!! But, you know, I wouldn't say no to any of these, ha!! Happy Monday doll, hope you have a sweet week :) Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash