Friday, September 25, 2015

Jewelry Friday

This Friday I have an amazing tiara for you! It was made around 1900, and I'm sure it would fit my tiny head perfectly! Haha!




In the center sits a sunburst and crescent moon motif over a large cushion-shaped diamond, on a scrolling frame of shooting stars, set throughout with old brilliant-cut diamonds, mounted in gold. The principal diamond is of approximately 1.75 carats, the rest of around 14.00 carats in total. It was sold at Bonhams for 16,250 GBP.










3 comments:

  1. So I'm sure we could wear this and look just perfect!! The moon and stars, I love it!! It's perfect :)))) Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know this sun, moon and stars tiara has inspired a hand-made tiara to be created for our first nephew's beautiful bride to wear on her wedding day in January 2019. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful! I love this tiara so much, and I hope the bride to be will be pleased her version of it. All luck to the both of them! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hyper Smash